Application for Service
Welcome to MCEC! We are a member owned electric cooperative and look forward to serving you as our member. A Social Security number and a US government issued identification card are required to complete this online application. A deposit, membership, and other applicable fees may apply. Click here for a current list of provided services and applicable fees.
Once your online application has been submitted, it will be reviewed by one of our Member Services Representatives and you will be contacted to complete your application. You can also apply in person at either of our offices located at 254 Longs Pond Road, Lexington, SC 29072 or 7524 Broad River Road, Irmo, SC 29063. Any applications received on weekends, holidays, or after business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. EST) will be reviewed on the next business day. If you wish to receive same day service after 12:00 p.m. please call our office at (803)749-6400. Applications received after 12:00 p.m. will be subject to an after hours connection fee for same day service. If you do not wish to incur the same day fee please choose the next business day for connection.
- U.S. Driver's license or ID card
- Social Security Number or U.S. Issued Tax ID Number
- Other acceptable forms of identification include: Passport, Permanent Resident Alien Card, Green Card, or Immigrant Visa.
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
In order to complete your application online, you must provide all information requested on the application. You will not be able to submit the application if any of the required fields are left blank.
- You will be required to upload a copy of your government-issued identification card.
- An application must be completed for EVERY meter that needs service.
- Applications will be reviewed during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., excluding holidays) and you will be contacted by phone to complete the application process.
- Any applications received after 12:00 p.m. will be subject to an after hours fee for same day service.
- A credit check is required for all new applications. If you do not wish to have a credit check obtained through Experian, please call (803) 749-6400.
Before you begin the online application, please enter your address below to confirm that MCEC is the service provider. If the location is in the green shaded area, it is served by MCEC. All other areas are served by another electric utility. If you have questions, please call (803) 749-6400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.