Change Text Size:
Paying your bill
Your bill is due upon receipt. Collection procedures are based on your MCEC credit rating as determined by your payment pattern for the last six months. Credit histories are confidential.
Mid-Carolina Electric also offers many services to reduce your monthly payments or make alternate payments:
- Bank Draft Program - Sign up for Bank Draft and MCEC automatically drafts your checking or savings account for the amount of your monthly electric bill. We still send you monthly statements for your records.
- Easy Pay - We also offer Easy Pay, which allows you to pay your bill by telephone using your debit card or major credit card. Simply call 749-6500 or 888-850-6770, follow a few easy steps and you're on your way.
- Equal Payment Plan - Our Equal Payment Plan makes it easy to predict your electric bill. Each month, we bill you for one-twelfth of your estimated annual usage, causing your monthly electric bills to remain the same year-round.
- PayOnline- Mid-Carolina now offers co-op members the capability to use their MasterCard, VISA or checking account to pay online.
- Payment Arrangements - MCEC will also make Special Payment Arrangements for members who are ill or experiencing financial difficulties. MCEC works closely with social service organizations to help members whose services are scheduled for termination because of financial difficulties. Call our service representatives for more information.